1099-G Form Needed for Tax Return Now Available

Recipients of Unemployment Benefits Required to Report Income to IRS

Claimants who received unemployment benefits during 2016 are required to report that income to the Internal Revenue Service. The amount of taxable unemployment benefits a claimant received during the year can be found on the 1099-G income tax form, which is now available to claimants, both printed and electronically.

The Department of Labor and Workforce Development (TDLWD) has mailed the 2016 1099-G form to the address on record for the claimant.

An electronic version of the form is also available online through Jobs4TN.gov. Claimants will be able to access the form through the dashboard.

  1. Log into Jobs4TN.gov. If you've never accessed your Jobs4TN account, you can recover your account by clicking "Forgot Username/Password." Further steps are available.
  2. Once successfully logged in, you will be redirected to "My Dashboard."
  3. From the left navigation menu under "Services for Individuals," hover over "Unemployment Services" and click "Form 1099-G Information."

Your benefits are taxable and reportable on your federal tax return only. Note: You do not need to attach a copy of the Form 1099-G to your federal income tax returns.

Benefits are reported based on the issue date of the payment, not the week ending date(s) that was paid. If you are required to file a federal tax return, report the amount in Box 1 of Table A and/or Table B of the Form 1099-G as income and the amount listed in Box 4 of Table A as federal income taxes withheld.

Contact an agent. Submit a request