Some claimants are exempt from completing job searches for their required weekly certification. Others may participate in an approved training or career service that serves as a "job search."
While jobs applied for through Jobs4TN will auto-populate on the corresponding week's certification, a "deferred" notation will appear for the following instances:
- Union Members who have answered that they belong to a union and have provided their Union ID Number
- Job-Attached Claimants returning to work within 16 weeks and have provided their return-to-work date
- Medical Exception if the claimant becomes unable to work after they have filed a claim and provide medical documentation from a doctor stating that fact. Work searches will be deferred as long as they were able and available at the time of filing the claim.
- Agency-Approved Training for TRA (job lost due to foreign trade) WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) and GI Bill (military) claimants
- Commissioner-Approved Training is occupational/vocational in nature. Claimants attending beauty school or Tennessee College of Applied Technology, etc.,
- Completing a TN American Job Center Service - attending a hiring event, meeting with a career coach, or even registering on Jobs4TN
Please keep in mind that while you may qualify for a job-search exemption, all claimants are required to certify weekly.