Some claimants are exempt from completing job searches for their required weekly certification. Others may participate in approved training, activities, or American Job Center service that is accepted as a "job search".
While jobs applied for through Jobs4TN will auto-populate on the corresponding week's certification, a "deferred" notation will appear for the following instances:
- Union Members who have answered that they belong to a hiring union and have provided their Union ID Number.
- Job-Attached Claimants returning to work within 16 weeks and have provided their return-to-work date
- Medical Exception if the claimant becomes unable to work after they have filed a claim and provide medical documentation from a doctor stating that fact. Work searches will be deferred as long as they were able and available at the time of filing the claim.
- Completing a TN American Job Center Service - registering on Jobs4TN, meeting with American Job Center Office Staff or Career Coach Staff
- Creating resume(s) on your profile - creating a resume on your profile to apply for work is a job seeking activity and one of the best ways to find employment
Please keep in mind that while you may qualify for a job-search exemption, all claimants are required to certify weekly.