What Counts as a Work Search?
- Login in to your account and searching for jobs
- Creating resume(s) on your profile
- Completing a job application in-person or online with employers who may reasonably be expected to have openings for work that you can do
- Mailing a job application and/or resume, as instructed in a public notice
- Sending job applications to employers who have an open job that you can do
- Making in-person visits with employers who may have job openings
- Interviewing with potential employers in-person or by telephone
Employment Agency Registration
- Registering for work with private employment agencies, placement services or hiring unions
American Job Center Resources
- Using the employment resources available at American Job Centers that may lead directly to a job, and attending job search seminars, career networking meetings, job fairs or employment-related workshops that offer instruction in improving individual skills for obtaining employment.