Overpayments - What is it and how do I repay an overpayment?

If for some reason a decision is made that  you were not entitled to either some or all of the benefits you received during your claim series, an overpayment will be establish and you will be required to make repayment. 

If you have been notified that you have been overpaid unemployment benefits you will need to repay those benefits. If you do not send payments to the department, we can take your IRS refund to repay those overpaid benefits with possible added interest. If you need information on where to send the money or would like to work out a payment plan, please call 844-817-0619

Payments may be made by check or money order and mailed to:

UI Recovery Unit
P.O. Box 24150
Nashville, TN 37202-4150




(rev. 5/5/15) 

Keywords:  overpayment, overpayments, over paid, overpaid, repay, repayment, establish repayment, income tax return, w2, w2, w-2, tax refund, error, garnish, lien, bpc, benefit payment control, taxes, audit, Overpayment, Overpayments, Over Paid, Overpaid, Repay, Repayment, Establish Repayment, Income Tax Return, W2, W2, W-2, Tax Refund, Error, Garnish, Lien, BPC, Benefit Payment Control, Taxes, Audit

Contact an agent. Submit a request