You cannot receive a severance package or wages in lieu of notice and unemployment benefits at the same time. If you apply for unemployment while you are receiving severance or wages in lieu of notice, you will be denied, but can apply after the designated period is over.
Articles in this section
- What to expect from start to finish...
- How do I file a claim for Unemployment Insurance?
- What's taking so long?
- How long does it take for my claim to be processed?
- Apply or file for unemployment - Required Information for new claim
- How do I file a Wage Protest?
- ID Verification-Why do I have to submit proof of ID?
- If temporarily laid off, should I file for unemployment?
- What should I do if I was temporarily laid off?
- How do I check the status of my unemployment claim?