Tennessee is an "EMPLOYMENT-AT-WILL" state. Employers may legally hire, fire, or discipline employees. Employers may not discriminate against employees on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, national origin or disability.
Articles in this section
- Maternity Leave
- Acronyms used in the Division of Workplace Regulations & Compliance
- I have not received my w2 from my employer, what can I do?
- How can I get copies of my past work information?
- How do I file a claim for discriminatory practices?
- Are there any specific discriminatory laws for pregnant employees?
- Are there any legal restrictions against firing, suspending, or disciplining
- Who handles labor union issues?
- Who handles pension or 401 (k) plan issues?
- Can an employee be discharged while out sick even though they provide a doctor's statement?