How do I report this unemployment information on my income taxes?

Refer to the instructions on Federal Form 1040. In addition, IRS Publication 525 provides instruction on how to report the repayments of unemployment compensation benefit overpayments. For questions about potential tax liability or how to report tax information, please contact an IRS representative at 1-800-829-1040.







(rev. 5/30/14)

Contact an agent. Submit a request