Refer to the instructions on Federal Form 1040. In addition, IRS Publication 525 provides instruction on how to report the repayments of unemployment compensation benefit overpayments. For questions about potential tax liability or how to report tax information, please contact an IRS representative at 1-800-829-1040.
Articles in this section
- Frequently Asked Questions when Filing an Unemployment Claim
- What happens after I file for Unemployment?
- Can I track the progress of my ticket request?
- What are Outstanding Claim Issues?
- I'm unable to recover my account!
- Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) expires - Federal benefit extensions
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) and Trade Readjustment Allowances (TRA)
- RESEA - Can I be scheduled to another American Job Center?
- RESEA - How do I reschedule my RESEA visit?
- RESEA - I was only laid off seasonally, why do I have to attend?