An initial claim is effective for one year. This is the 52-week period beginning the first day of the week in which your initial claim is filed. If you go back to work and become unemployed again during that year, you are reopening that claim. When your benefit year ends, you must reapply for benefits to start a new benefit year.
Articles in this section
- Why was my certification disqualified?
- How do I certify for unemployment? Weekly Certification Video
- Can I enter my job searches outside of Jobs4TN before my weekly certification?
- Temporary jobs while receiving unemployment
- I'm required to search for "Suitable Work". What are Suitable Work requirements?
- How do I add a Job Title or Occupation?
- What counts as a job search for a weekly certification?
- Jury Duty certification for unemployment benefits
- I don't have contact information for my online application.
- What does "deferred" mean on my job search?