A tremendous number of fraudulent claims would be caught if employers would simply report a newly hired employee to the Tennessee Department of Human Services as soon as the new worker is hired. In fact, Tennessee Law §36-5-1101 to §36-5-1108 states employers must report their newly hired or rehired employees within 20 days of the date they are hired. See instructions for new hire reporting on the Department of Human Services Web site at https://newhire-reporting.com/TN-Newhire/default.aspx
Articles in this section
- I know someone is collecting unemployment and working for cash on the side. Whom do I contact to report fraud?
- How are fraudulent claims prevented?
- New Hire Reporting: What you can do to help prevent fraud
- What do you do to prevent social security numbers that have been used fraudulently from being used?
- Will my reserve account be charged for fraudulent unemployment claims?