If you acquire the experience rating and reserve account of another employer through a successorship, you become liable for the benefit charges that are charged against that predecessor employer's account. For more information about the transfer of reserves from one account to another, please visit the Employer Services portion of this web site.
Articles in this section
- I never employed this individual so how can I be charged?
- When someone voluntarily quits do I have any liability for benefit charges?
- What type of information will the department require in order to keep this employee from drawing benefits from my reserve account?
- I told an employee at the time of hire that this would be a temporary job. Will he/she still be eligible for benefits when the job is completed?
- If I discharge a probationary employee, will he/she be eligible for unemployment?
- What information will I need to provide to the unemployment office if a worker files a claim for benefits?