Yes. A general partnership associated with an individual seeking exemption must be registered with the Secretary of State. To register a general partnership, you will need to submit a Statement of Partnership Authority, available at http://state.tn.us/sos/forms/ss-4514.pdf , along with the required filing fee.
Articles in this section
- How long is my exemption valid for?
- I'm associated with a general partnership. Is my general partnership required to be registered with the Secretary of State before I apply for an exemption?
- Are there fees associated with the exemption?
- How do I apply for a subsequent workers' compensation exemption?
- How do I apply for an initial worker's compensation exemption?
- Can a business entity apply for an exemption?
- How many exemptions are allowed for each of the qualification types?
- Questions related to eligibility and filing requirements of the TN Workers' Compensation Exemption Registry (which is, incidentally, administered by the Secretary of State's office).
- Can they fill an application on line and is there a fee?
- I own a construction company, do I have to have workers' compensation coverage on myself?