If I am not required to provide workers’ compensation insurance benefits, can I still do so?

Yes, you should file the Exempt Employers Notice of Acceptance of the Workers' Compensation Act of Tennessee (Form I-8).  If you later decide to drop your workers' compensation coverage, you must file the Exempt Employers Withdrawal of Notice of Acceptance (Form I-9).  


If you file a Form I-8, you will remain subject to the workers' compensation requirements until a Form I-9 is received by this Division.  If you drop your coverage and do not file a Form I-9 and an injury occurs, you could be held responsible for that claim.

Download Forms at http://www.tn.gov/workforce/topic/forms

Contact an agent. Submit a request