Contact an insurance agent, perhaps the same agent that writes the general liability and other insurance policies for the business. If you and your agent are having problems finding an insurance carrier to write a policy, contact the Tennessee Workers' Compensation Insurance Plan at (800) 471-6767 or www.twcip.com.
Articles in this section
- Who can I exclude from my workers' compensation policy?
- What if I cannot find an insurance company to write a workers' compensation policy for me?
- If I have five or more employees and my workforce drops below five, may I drop my workers' compensation coverage?
- If I am not required to provide workers’ compensation insurance benefits, can I still do so?
- What happens if I am not required to have workers' compensation insurance and one of my employees has a work-related injury?
- How many employees do I have to have before I am required to have workers' compensation insurance?
- Are there special rules for sole proprietors or partners?
- Which employers are required to provide workers’ compensation benefits?
- What should an employer do when an employee reports an injury?
- What happens if the injured employee is released to return to work on light duty, but light duty is not available?