This is decision is determined by Unemployment Insurance staff based on provided guidelines. The UI staff will have to determine if you qualify for an exemption or not. Your requirement to attend is often tied to your requirement to provide weekly job searches. If you have been told by a UI staff member that you are not required to provide weekly job searches, then you will most likely not have to attend. However, this needs to be verified by UI staff. To determine your requirement to report, you must provide your school information to your local AJC staff member who conducts RESEA services. The contact information for your American Job Center is located on your RESEA Orientation Letter or here.
Articles in this section
- What happens after I file for Unemployment?
- Can I track the progress of my ticket request?
- What are Outstanding Claim Issues?
- I'm unable to recover my account!
- Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) expires - Federal benefit extensions
- RESEA - Can I be scheduled to another American Job Center?
- RESEA - How do I reschedule my RESEA visit?
- RESEA - I was only laid off seasonally, why do I have to attend?
- RESEA - Do I have to attend if I'm in school?
- RESEA - Why do I have to attend if I have a new job?