It depends. Under provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA), the employer may be eligible to request a non-charge on the account for separations due to COVID-19.
Articles in this section
- As an employer, will the employees I laid off due to the pandemic impact charges to my unemployment tax account?
- Employer Unemployment Contact Information
- Are employees eligible for UI benefits if an employer "furloughs" them temporarily?
- I’m a small business owner who has had to shut down due to COVID-19. Am I eligible for UI?
- If I have to temporarily or permanently close my business, what happens if I do not provide the state an employer filed mass claim?
- If I choose to file a Partial/Employer-filed claim what steps do I need to take?
- How do Employers obtain confirmation of successful Partial/Employer-filed claims?
- If an employer doesn’t receive an email receipt after submitting their Partial/Employer filed claim, what do they need to do?
- Are Partial/Employer-Filed Claims Auto Approved?
- Will the Partial/Employer filed claims be backdated to the date they were submitted?