If your supervisor doesn’t provide you with a panel of physicians when you report your injury, or if you have any problems or questions about your claim, and if you don’t have an attorney, you can call and speak to an Ombudsman at 800-332-2667. An Ombudsman will provide assistance, answer your questions and help to resolve any disputes you have with your claim.
Articles in this section
- Glossary of Common Workers’ Compensation Acronyms and Terms
- Who may I contact with additional questions?
- What should I do if I am injured at work?
- What is an injured employee entitled to?
- Will I have to use my own sick time to cover my time off work?
- What if the employee disagrees with the authorized treating physician’s opinion or treatment plans?
- What can I do if my employer will not allow me to go to the doctor?
- When should I to report my injury?
- Is an injured employee paid for the time spent attending doctor's appointments during work hours?
- Can I be fired for reporting a Workers' Compensation claim?