This category includes information for individuals and employers related to applying, receiving, maintaining, and sto...
The division of Workforce Services focuses on job placement and training programs for Tennesseans.
Employers can find the following articles in this section: staffing, tax and insurance, and safety and regulations.
Workplace Regulations and Compliance
The Division of Workplace Regulations and Compliance (WRC) oversees a diverse set of programs: Amusement Device Unit,...
The Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration (TOSHA) is committed to helping Tennesseans improve workp...
Bureau of Workers' Compensation
Injured on the job? We help people who are injured at work but have difficulty with their claim, especially if the em...
Tennessee Adult Education provides basic skills upgrades and works with individuals to help them meet their education...
General questions about the Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
- How do I apply for Unemployment Insurance?
- Am I eligible for unemployment?
- How long does it take to process my claim after it is filed?
- While filing my claim, what do I put for my separation reason?
- I’ve already filed for unemployment, what do I need to do next?
- If I am self-employed, how do I submit my missing wage information?
- How do I certify for unemployment? Weekly Certification Video
- Do I have to complete work searches as part of my weekly certification?
- How do I check the status of my claim?
- Electronic Access to Form 1099-G for 2021 Tax Return
- What if I don't agree with the amount listed on my Form 1099G?
- I Need a Job