Under certain circumstances, Tennessee law allows employers to pay to the surviving spouse or children of a deceased employee the last wages and other benefits due the deceased employee without a court order. This law may be found at Tennessee Revised Statutes http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/tncode/
Articles in this section
- Who receives the last wages due to a deceased employee?
- If an employer's policy provides a paid vacation and the employee's employment is terminated, is the employer required to compensate for any vacation time I have accrued but not used?
- Is an employer required by law to provide paid vacation, holidays, severance pay, sick pay, or health insurance?
- Can an employer terminate an employee for a claim of equal pay?
- I work in the same job classification as a person of the opposite sex, but I am paid less. Is this legal?
- Can my employer hold my paycheck until I return my uniform, etc.?
- My employer just told me he is going to cut my pay. Can he do this without my approval?
- How often must my employer pay me?
- Can my employer withold my earned vacation pay upon termination?
- My employer has not paid me yet. How long do they have to pay?