The injured worker is not entitled to workers' compensation benefits, but he/she is not barred from filing a lawsuit against you, the employer.
Articles in this section
- Drug Free Workplace Program
- Can I exclude anyone from my workers’ compensation policy?
- What if I cannot find an insurance company to write a workers' compensation policy for me?
- If I have five or more employees and my workforce drops below five, may I drop my workers' compensation coverage?
- If I am not required to provide workers’ compensation insurance benefits, can I still do so?
- What happens if I am not required to have workers' compensation insurance and one of my employees has a work-related injury?
- How many employees do I have to have before I am required to have workers' compensation insurance?
- Are there special rules for sole proprietors or partners?
- Which employers are required to provide workers’ compensation benefits?
- What should an employer do when an employee reports an injury?