How do I apply for an initial worker's compensation exemption?

Business owners who meet the requirements of T.C.A. § 50-6-901 et seq. must complete an Initial Workers’ Compensation Exemption Registration Application Form (ss-4523) which is available at and submit the form along with the required filing fee using the e-file, print and mail, paper submission, or walk-in filing process.

Contact an agent. Submit a request