Most employees are under the impression that they will be paid the day they leave the company. State law gives the employer twenty-one (21) calendar days from the termination/separation date to pay an employee a final check. The employer must wait twenty-one (21) days before filing a complaint with our office.
Articles in this section
- Is there a law requiring my employer to provide my personnel filed upon request?
- How can I obtain or renew a business license in Tennessee?
- Maternity Leave
- Acronyms used in the Division of Workplace Regulations & Compliance
- I have not received my w2 from my employer, what can I do?
- How can I get copies of my past work information?
- How do I file a claim for discriminatory practices?
- Are there any specific discriminatory laws for pregnant employees?
- Are there any legal restrictions against firing, suspending, or disciplining
- Who handles labor union issues?