Discrimination against employees is illegal under both Federal and State law. Employers may not discriminate against an employee on the basis of the employee's race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin or disability. Claims of discrimination in Tennessee should be forwarded either to the Tennessee Human Rights Commission in Nashville Tennessee at (615) 741-5825, or to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in Nashville, Tennessee. You may visit the THRC Web site and the EEOC Web site.
Articles in this section
- How can I obtain or renew a business license in Tennessee?
- Maternity Leave
- Acronyms used in the Division of Workplace Regulations & Compliance
- I have not received my w2 from my employer, what can I do?
- How can I get copies of my past work information?
- How do I file a claim for discriminatory practices?
- Are there any specific discriminatory laws for pregnant employees?
- Are there any legal restrictions against firing, suspending, or disciplining
- Who handles labor union issues?
- Who handles pension or 401 (k) plan issues?